Will Lie to Me be Renewed for a Fourth Season?

16 February 2011 at 4:57 pm

That seems to be the question on every fan’s mind. And, the harsh truth is it could go either way. This isn’t a game Lie to Me fans are new to… they could probably school you on what it’s like waiting on a favorite show to be renewed. But, here we are again, on the brink of cancellation or renewal.

Thanks to extremely competitive time slots, being moved around the schedule, and long hiatuses, Lie to Me has often struggled with viewer numbers since it first premiered back in January of 2009. Still, it’s managed to build a strong, loyal audience that seems to follow it regardless of where it’s at. In fact, recently it showed signs of improvement: In its final two episodes of the season, Lie to Me had some strong numbers, especially when compared to previous months. (Episode 3×12 was the most watched in over a year.) Despite that, it’s likely we won’t hear about Lie to Me’s fate until May. In the meantime…

What Can You Do?
1) Obvious, but true: let Fox know how much you love the show – E-mail scheduling and marketing at askfox@fox.com

2) Sign and RT petitions on social networking sites like Twitter. We’ve started two:

3) There are a couple of fan campaigns going on now. A site to check out, that seems to have info on these:
Keep Lie to Me On

Have another link to share? Leave it in the comments below.

Let your voice be heard, guys… in whatever way you can.

1. Laura Barr

also this one: http://twitition.com/8tc33

February 16, 2011 @ 5:00 pm

2. Tweets that mention Will Lie to Me be Renewed for a Fourth Season? | Lie To Me Scoop | News, Spoilers, Photos, Promos, and More! -- Topsy.com Pingback

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Lie to Me Scoop, Crystalynn and drezzded, Tayná Fidelis. Tayná Fidelis said: RT @LieToMeScoop: Will Lie to Me be Renewed for a Fourth Season? – http://bit.ly/fMpLiC #LietoMe #RenewLTM [...]

February 16, 2011 @ 5:32 pm

3. Sonia

Hi there,
    There is a team of us behind the new http://www.SaveLieToMe.com which is launching this Friday 18th Feb! Be sure to check it out :)

February 16, 2011 @ 8:46 pm

4. Lori Sasaki

Here is another one! You can sign it every 24 hours (DO IT DO IT!)

February 16, 2011 @ 9:05 pm

5. Gregory Dolecki

Apparently, I am too stupid to Sign and Tweet the actly petition, so I did Twitition.

February 17, 2011 @ 6:38 am

6. nana

PLEASEEEE a four season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    a french fan !!

February 17, 2011 @ 10:38 am

7. *crosses fingers*

February 17, 2011 @ 1:16 pm

8. Lalalala:P

What would we do without LIE TO ME:
    No more of Kal’s craziness
    No more of Gillian’s drinking milkshakes
    No more of Ria’s sassy attitude
    No more of Eli’s Randomness and (to me fitness:O )
    No more of Emily’s manipulative
    No more of Cal/Gillian
    No more of Ria/Eli
    No more Youtube videos, promos, extras, conversations bout it, no more Lie To Me Scoop, funny stuff, awards
    No more of … Lie To Me:’(

February 17, 2011 @ 1:22 pm

9. Teri J. Dluznieski

this is a campaign I put together re flash forward- most of the info and suggestions are equally relevant;

this is snippets from the FF campaign- you can substitute LTM in place of FF for many things. some things not as pertinant, as FF was already cancelled.

BUT- there needs to be a LTM site that is not the official FOX site- so that you can have an ADMIN that posts things, sends out invites and reminders that go out to ALL LTM fanbase. in this regard… strategy is similar to FF. as you need to STEAL/borrow the FOX-LTM fans over to the new page.

You need to have email, snail mail ( VERY POWERFUL, even just postcards) and contact hone numbers for whomever is responsible for making the decisions. the pres and VP of FOX and or FOX orig programming etc. with FF, ABC and FOX, stopped reading emails- but did keep track of the sheer volume ( this counts/ matters).. so once we heard that- no need to write out thoughtful notes.. just mailbomb the suckers.

ALSO- get a solid campaign going re.. LOGICAL RATIONAL reasons for keeping the show. network producers and people who spend BILLIONS of dollars need to hear more than. I love this show. this show is great. THINK LIKE LAWYERS, CONVINCE THE JURY!

anyway- here is a start. and round up what I termed.. a street team.. the volunteers who do the legwork. the admin/s coordinate and post. delegate.

one thing we did find.. some were very dedicated and worked hard- but there were a lot who talked, without follow-through, as well.

anyway- going to work on building the LTM pages relevance.. that’s an admin thing- BUT.. we-they need to post relevant information, and KEEP it updated.. current…

reposting links to episodes, sequentially
    quotes and memorable lines from the episodes, particularly the one being featured
    screen shots
    the actors to pop in and post would be awesome.. no idea how to create that..

( deleted section- will email directly)

ADMINS.. will hopefully send out invites, events and posts to their fan-bases… and all of these.. will be sending emails, snailmail and phone calls..

chat room- war room, for strategy planning and feedback of progress.

BTW- if we could get one or more of the actors from LTM to contribute/ pop in.. post.. THAT could be HUGE carrot to dangle for fans.

any thoughts at your end about how to communicate with/ to them about supporting the FF campaign?

I would also like to see, aside.. some of the fans collaborate on some sort of video collage, something that could go viral… but that is a tertiary idea..

(deleted).

second- admins are going to post relevant data, , reposting l inks for each episode. we need volunteers to collect supporting info’s: film clip link, updates on what actors are doing ( guest gigs- NO perm role info). Screen shots. it is more effective when an ADMIN posts this info, for a huge range of reasons.. BUT- we need the volunteer base, staff.. to have this stuff, supply it to an admin.. so they can get it out there

there will also be mail campaigns- but getting the sites active with followers is important.. this way when a request gets made to send mail ( soon, don’t worry).. there will be MORE people sending mail, and it won’t be pockets here or there.. it will- hopefully- be a targeted onslaught:)

contact info for kevin reilly at FOX: kevin.reilly@fox.com
    FOX:
    Letters (most important; a postcard/letter means more than an e-mail!)
    * FOX Broadcasting Co., P.O. Box 900, Beverly Hills, CA 90213
    * President Kevin Reilly, FOX Broadcasting, 10201 W. Pico Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90035
    * Scott Grogin, Senior Vice President Communications, address: same as Kevin Reilly’s
    * Preston Beckman, Vice President Scheduling, address: same as Kevin Reilly’s

Call FOX

* at (+1) 310-369-1000. If a live operator answers, ask them to put you through to Mr. Kevin Reilly’s voice mail.
    * at (+1) 301-369-3066, and tell them that LTM needs another season

February 17, 2011 @ 9:36 pm

10. Singer 101

I’ve got an idea, if u cant send post or get twitter … YOUTUBE !
    Youtube stuff like why you want lie to me for season 4 and more to cumm and maybe even do this:

February 21, 2011 @ 4:35 pm

11. Bridge

any news?

March 1, 2011 @ 5:46 am

12. sergiu

those who lie, let them lie, but the mind, can not get away with lies. series, deserved to have continued. is not so, to finish with a note that does not make sense to finish.I hope to be enough, convincingly for the continuation of a series, from which you learn many things that can help in everyday life. thank you, if you had time to read my belief.

March 3, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

13. Caroline Love

I want lie to me to stay!!!!!!!!!!! I love the show its awsome:)

April 11, 2011 @ 7:29 pm

14. maria justa polotan

Please continue this series. The cast is exceptional and the writing is terrific.

April 28, 2011 @ 10:41 pm

15. Varekai

Unfortunately, it seems almost impossible that LTM will be picked up… there’re 16 different shows competing for a very small spot ;_;

May 2, 2011 @ 6:53 pm

16. Amber

canceled! 5-10-11

May 20, 2011 @ 4:11 pm

17. Summer

Is there any chance that another network will pick it up?
    I’ve been emailing FOX for the past few days but they haven’t replied to anything.

May 25, 2011 @ 7:44 pm

18. Matty(UK)

Summer what is fox’s email address i would like to send a email myself =<

June 1, 2011 @ 10:18 am

19. claire (uk)

Such a great original show,it seems daft to end it i looked forward to watching it.

July 29, 2011 @ 3:51 pm

20. bianca

WE WANT LIE TO ME BACK !!!!!
    I `LL DOO EVERY THING I CAN IF I KNOW THAT YOU WILL BRING US THE SHOW BACK
    WVERYTHING PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 3, 2011 @ 7:42 am

21. Spiderella

We want Lie To Me* back!!!

It’s not the one that should be cancelled!! There are other shows that should be cancelled!!

BRING LIE TO ME BACK!

September 5, 2011 @ 5:26 pm

22. Sonja (NZ)

*sigh*…how could they :( I *really* loved that show :/ “RIP LTM”

October 19, 2011 @ 12:10 am

23. jenna reyes

please do lie to me season 4…

November 22, 2011 @ 12:15 am

24. Billy

Lie to meeeeeeeeeee

November 25, 2011 @ 12:17 pm

25. 1099 form

whats your facebook profile?

January 5, 2012 @ 2:04 am

26. maddie (usa)

we all want lie to me back and all we can do is pray tht we can get it back! lets hope for the best and lets get back lie to me!

January 25, 2012 @ 8:37 pm

27. Casterin

This show is amazing and so interesting I love the study of human emotions they definitely need to make a forth season

February 11, 2012 @ 11:47 pm

28. john717

why did they cancel the show? it was an awesome show and cal lightman was awesome actor

March 13, 2012 @ 4:00 am

29. chelsea

I just finished all three series in a week on netflix…. i don’t watch fox but if i knew it was on before now, i would have watched in on tv… :(( I was like an addict watching that show!!! i was practically falling in love with “lightman” and wanted so much more of the personal lives answered!!!! holy crap I’m sad. can we still do anything at this point to get it back up??? :/

April 22, 2012 @ 1:04 am

30. mary

since lie to me was on the Tv i realy care when i am going to tell a lie
    may be this mind situation will disapear after long time .
    i hope season 4 come up by that time!!

April 28, 2012 @ 9:28 am

31. Lie to me renewed 2011 – Lie to me | Do Not Lie » Blog Archive Pingback

[...] | 2011-2012 Renewal/Pilots/Cancellation ChartWill Lie to Me be Renewed for a Fourth Season? | Lie To Me Scoop …Home | Lie To Me Scoop | Spoilers, Photos, Promos, and More!Fox: Tea Leaves Keep ‘Lie To [...]

May 17, 2012 @ 7:46 am

32. FMU

There is still someone figthing out there?
    I want to do something, I want it so badly!

May 24, 2012 @ 9:52 am

33. Shaun

Fox sould have more faith in their programs,
    lie to me just gets better.

June 4, 2012 @ 9:28 pm

34. Dan

Turned into a huge Tim Roth fan after this show, been watching a marathon for the last couple of days now… It was the same ordeal as Boston Legal a while back, coin-flipping time-slots, never a decent chance to build despite brilliant writing and acting… Is anyone still haggling Fox, coz I’d like to join in… I can probably let Human Target pass even though it was one of my favorite new shows at the time (still is), but not a show as novel and as good as this… In a day and age when we can have several police procedurals that involve writers, fake psychics and a host of other unnecessary mash-ups and some which also involve some bizarre situations with the police themselves (Common Law, for example), when you have a show based on true AND interesting findings about psychology and behavior that’s actually more intriguing than the will-they/won’t-they BS we have to go through with every other show, i fail to see any other logical course of action than to settle it down in one slot, give it time to grow and only cancel if the crew feel they’ve done all they can… Jeez…

July 18, 2012 @ 11:19 pm

35. bambi

i love this show! “lie to me” very entertaining. its one of my favs and I have been WAITING for a fourth season. I could care less obout the other shows….but why cancel this one!!?!?!? LOVE IT!!!!

July 20, 2012 @ 6:42 pm

36. Deb

Is there no hope left? I absolutely love this show. The entertainment, intrigue, the back and forth between father and daughter it was all amazing. The biggest crime of all was cancelling the show with it being as popular as it was to only replace it with what I would describe as garbage.

December 27, 2012 @ 4:57 pm

37. Sergey

Best! Return please it back ! I hope Lie to me would have to continue. Sorry for my English. Ukraine with you Lightman.

January 19, 2013 @ 12:24 pm

38. LTM ROCKS!!

We need Lie To Me back it is my salvation I don’t know how they could cancel it they need to bring it back and they need to do it now it can’t live without a season 4 cancelling was foxes worst ever idea. PLEASE BRING BACK LIE TO ME NOW!!!!!!!!!

February 7, 2013 @ 5:54 pm

39. purpleman

lie to me without a doubt should do another season simply because its been 1 of those series where u dont fall asleep and it keeps your attention because of having to figure a mystery out and the actors in it like tim roth are excellent at it , fingers crossed ppl.

March 3, 2013 @ 12:27 am

40. Julie wilkinson

I loved this show. It has helped me solve a number of mysteries on other shows. Without this program I am in withdrawal. Please bring Lie To Me back for more seasons.

May 17, 2013 @ 7:34 pm

41. ann

Пожалуйста верните сериал 4 сезон,очень надо,без Лайтмона плохо.Самый лучший серияал на свете.Очень ждем.Россия.

June 7, 2013 @ 11:26 am

42. Donna

I just watched all 3 seasons of this show in about 2 wks and I absolutely loved it!!!! It’s not looking like there will be a season 4 and that is very disappointing…Episode 13 of season 3 was not a good ender if it’s not returning…This happens with a lot of shows anymore and it really sucks for the fans

August 6, 2013 @ 12:30 am

43. enhanceviews

I get pleasure from, result in I found just what I was looking for. You have ended my four day lengthy hunt! God Bless you man. Have a great day. Bye

September 15, 2013 @ 8:54 am

44. poiuytr

not gonna create f….. twitter to sign sth, u ppl should create a NORMAL PETITION for it, then share with link, just type PETITIONS in google and choose proper site

September 24, 2013 @ 10:59 am

45. http://fittedwardrobes.robbie-lawler.com

Admiring the commitment you put into your website and in depth information you offer.
    It’s awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same out of
    date rehashed information. Fantastic read! I’ve saved your site and
    I’m including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

October 17, 2013 @ 3:35 pm

46. Tinnitus Treatment

For most up-to-date news you have to pay a visit world wide web and
    on world-wide-web I found this website as a most excellent website for most recent updates.

October 18, 2013 @ 1:57 am

47. http://mekdebim-87.com/?p=671705

More than the last month the Facebook Like button has began to seem
    everywhere. You are naturally most likely to see it on Facebook where
    virtually every thing has the like button but that is in no way the
    only spot you are going to see it. Nearly every single article on the online now has the Like button and if it is not
    there but it possibly will be soon, but the actual query is how does the Facebook Like button effect the targeted
    traffic to a site or a particular short article. facebook
    likes hack download (http://mekdebim-87.com/?p=671705)

September 17, 2014 @ 6:32 pm

48. Наталья

самый суперский сериал))))) верните Кэла ДЖулиан, они божественны и безумно очаровательны!!!!!))

December 10, 2015 @ 10:54 am