TV Guide Mega Buzz, 2/1/11

1 February 2011 at 10:34 pm

I totally loved the Lie to Me finale, especially the ending. What does that mean for Lightman and Foster next season? — Mel
ADAM: Should Fox order a Season 4 (fingers crossed!), Lightman’s admission will be a major focus. “He said he loves Foster,” executive producer Alexander Cary tells us. “What we’re doing is opening the door into an avenue of investigation of character.” But don’t start planning a wedding or anything. “What we’re not saying is we’re going to consummate that,” he clarifies.

Source: TV Guide

1. EOCGHCFAN

So does consummate mean they are gonna do “it”? Oh let’s hope so. Fingers crossed!

February 1, 2011 @ 10:39 pm

2. Ginny

Funny, that didn’t really clarify anything for me. So are they “not saying” that Cal/Gillian are going to consummate the relationship, or are they implying that they are going to? *confused*

February 1, 2011 @ 10:44 pm

3. TallyHo8697

Priorities please. Deeply appreciative of THE door that was opened in “Killer App” but believe that Fandom would want confirmed assurance of a full season 4. We have heaps of wishful thinking that would require a season 4 for any unleashing.

February 1, 2011 @ 10:54 pm

4. Nicole

This really just confused me. I don’t whether I should be happy or disappointed…
    What do they mean by consumate? ‘.’

February 2, 2011 @ 12:11 am

5. Aimée

it means they don’t say they will go as far a letting them “consumate” their relationship on any level, but that they will explore the characters more deeply.

February 2, 2011 @ 3:13 am

6. jannii

I think they meant that there won’t be a relationship between the two of them. I guess what Lightman said is in the room now and Emily knows, so there will be a focus on what and if he is showing Gillian his love and the inner conflict holding him back and stuff.

February 2, 2011 @ 3:36 am

7. Karine

Mmmh, I can hope just a little kiss between Cal & Gillian ?
    “What we’re not saying is we’re going to consummate that” make me scare. :/
    Because ok Cal said he loved Gillian, but if they continue to just be attentive one for the other, isn’t interresting for the show and the relationship.

I’m happy, but I don’t know if this revelation isn’t a poisoned gift…

February 2, 2011 @ 7:40 am

8. Gracie

I don’t know that I want a major relationship between the 2 characters. I actually like the sexual tension between the two characters as it is right now. Even so, I am interested in what will happen after this door has been opened. Plz let there b a season 4!

February 2, 2011 @ 2:34 pm

9. Muahaha

i bet that if there is a season four, his love for her will become so much more obvious in Emily’s eyes, because she will notice every little thing he does for her… it’s like when your best friend tells you that they have a crush on some boy and then you start to notice all the things they do that show that little crush.. at least that’s how i see it.

i’m praying for another season… hopefully there will be one, and the way everyone is talking, i expect there will be one, i really loved the last episode… especially when they were cuddling ^.^

February 2, 2011 @ 4:48 pm

10. Nicole

@Muahaha, I LOVED the cuddling scene too! That’s why I made it my avatar <3

And it does seem like there will be a season 4, doesn't it? I mean the writers/creators keep talking about their ideas for a season 4. Hopefully this is a good sign!!!

February 2, 2011 @ 8:50 pm

11. Gail

I truly enjoyed the last episode and I’m very happy that they are going to “explore” into the Cal’s character and his feelings for Gillian. Even if it takes a long time, they need more consistency regarding this. Don’t keep taking our hope away about consummating the relationship… just be consistent about the tender part they feel toward each other. Love is a strong word considering they don’t ever kiss in a way that shows true feelings. It has been obvious for a long time that they care very deeply for each other… don’t ruin that for us.. build on it…slowly. Make it solid…

February 2, 2011 @ 8:52 pm

12. Gail

I also enjoyed the cuddling scene.. they have such great chemistry together. Keep that special part in the show and more of it along with the procedural. I just really don’t like how Cal is with detective Wallowski. It diminishes his feelings for Gillian in my opinion. I have high hopes for a season 4 with lots of love between Cal and Gillian.. not necessarily having it come to fruition, but maybe so at some point. Cal needs to earn Gillian’s love and respect… Let’s see him accomplish this!

February 2, 2011 @ 9:01 pm

13. Kristen

I was absolutely floored when Cal admitted to Emily that he was in love with Gillian, because while I knew it, it was so much better having him admit it out loud. Cal and Gil have beyond amazing chemistry together, and while I enjoy the UST, it would be so so so darn interesting to see Cal in a committed relationship. (Especially when it’s with Gillian…)

February 2, 2011 @ 11:34 pm

14. jannii

I hope also hope that they take the relationship between Cal and Gillian to a new level – but in babysteps please. The ‘will-they-won’t-they’ is always so much more interesting than the actual relationship (e.g. House+Cuddy). I think even if Cal would try to Gillian wouldn’t be ready for a relationship with him. There is so much at stake for her (the friendship, their business relationship) and although Cal is a great best friend to her I’m not sure if he would be an equally good boyfriend.

February 3, 2011 @ 3:47 am

15. Amri

Callian…callian all the way!
    Hope season4 materializes!

February 3, 2011 @ 5:41 am

16. Gracie

@ jannii – I completely agree. We need baby steps and I’m not sure Gil is ready to take on a relationship with Cal. Besides, I think she thinks of him of a little more than a pet project. They have feelings for each other… but I don’t think they are ready to share them. I like the tension as is.

February 3, 2011 @ 6:33 pm

17. fv

I agree, I don’t think Foster is ready for a full-on relationship yet. She is much too restrained/sensible in that respect. Even on the rare occasion she flirts back at Cal, she is always the first to break it off if it pushes that line (ie ‘Rebound’). As good as it was that Cal admitted he loved her, we already knew that. It would’ve been better had she admitted it then they could take it further. The writers have no intention of getting them together soon as it brings in the viewers. I wish they had ended the series with ‘The Canary’s Song’ final scene – now that would have been a finale they could have worked with more in season 4!

February 3, 2011 @ 6:44 pm

18. jannii

@ fv: that’s true! Canary Song’s end scene was so, so great! And: they never explained or went back to it! Cal clearly steps forward towards Gillian in the end as if to kiss her or something – and that was all we saw. The ending definitely points towards a kiss or more – but the storylines in the next episodes never suggested anything like that! I hate it if loose ends like that aren’t picked up again (like Dupree in season 1)

February 4, 2011 @ 5:13 am

19. emily

I agree, I like the tension between Cal and Gillian, but I think it would be great if their relationship went at least a little further.
    In the third season the show knew where they were going and understood the characters. A fourth season is a must!

Also just to put it out there, after the first season finished it took 6 months for the second season to air. Where as after the second season finished it took about a month for the third season to air. SO fingers-crossed it will only be between 1-6 months before the fourth season comes our way!

February 4, 2011 @ 7:40 pm

20. :)

Jannini
    I completely disagree about the Cuddy/House comment. That relationship took FOREVER to come into a committed fully fledged relationship and was done in organic way. It is really interesting to see House in a relationship as that had never been done before. Sry, i know this is a Lie To Me site, but I had to say that. On the topic of Lie to Me while I agree that cal/gillian should not get together right away, they either have to or not at some point or it gets boring.

February 5, 2011 @ 6:11 pm

21. Ade

Can’t believe there’s not Lie to me episode tomorrow…
    I already miss it :(
    And I can’t wait for S4, which NEEDS to be ordered !
    They’re teasing us, but we already want a S4 since like what…. saison 1?
    lol
    Comeeee onnn FOX, don’t waste a good show like that!

February 6, 2011 @ 6:15 am

22. Gracie

Does anyone know when season 3 will come out on dvd?

February 6, 2011 @ 2:33 pm

23. mike

love the series and the characters but i think a law suite is being heard against Fox. (stealing the idea for the series) and until this is settled there will be no talk of season 4

February 8, 2011 @ 10:49 pm

24. :)

miss lie to me..sniffle :’(

February 11, 2011 @ 10:27 pm

25. Keri

Boy, what all us Callian fans wanted to hear was admission of love and we got it! PLEASE, Fox, don’t let it end there! We promise to tell all our friends to tune in to appease the sponsors!

Cal and Gillian share a love that is so tender and pure that it is more intense than most TV romances (yes even Huddy). It’s so interesting to see the way they both skirt around its power but are helplessly drawn together on occasion. Working together creates an interesting dynamic and both probably realize that consummating their relationship has its risks. For Cal – he could easily screw things up with his sexual ADD and for Gill, she has high standards and if Cal didn’t meet them, her friendship, and business partnership, may suffer. The tension is terrific. Cal is rash and passionate and Gill is sensible and steady. When will Gill give in and what will Cal have to do to win his prize?

February 12, 2011 @ 2:01 pm

26. Cathy

I NEED ANOTHER SEASON!! Or five. Yes, I am addicted. And I just got my best friend addicted too. She is catching up on Netflix. So, pwetty pweeze, Fox??

February 13, 2011 @ 5:40 am

27. Mimikate

Fox – we NEED another season of Lie to Me; and let’s make it a full season next time! Thirteen episodes is not enough! It’s difficult to grasp why you would invest in so many unknown & unproven shows when you could build on a SOLID success like LIE TO ME!

February 14, 2011 @ 9:26 pm

28. suzanne

I LOVE LIE TO ME…YOU MUST BRING IT BACK…SOON!!! I DON’T WATCH TV. JUST LIE TO ME!
    SUZANNE

February 21, 2011 @ 4:19 pm

29. Bobby

Lie to Me is the best program on TV and Fox need to listen to the public and allow a Fourth Season #CalLightmanisahero

January 29, 2012 @ 8:23 am

30. kimpa2007

We need a season 4!! Come on, for the fans!

August 28, 2012 @ 2:35 pm

31. ITgirl

I completely fell in love with the characters of this show…We need to have at least a finale show. They had one for Xfiles!
    I really hope that something will come to pass. Let the public speak! Let’s not continue on this never ending road of Reality TV or Honey Boo Boo. We as a people are more intelligent for that kind of programming.

September 17, 2012 @ 5:01 pm