Ratings for Monday, 1/31/11

1 February 2011 at 11:44 am

Lie to Me scored a 2.2/6 with 7.05 million viewers, putting it in third place for the hour. Without a House lead-in, it was down 12% from last week. It rose from a 2.1/5 at 9:00 to a 2.2/6 rating/share in its second half hour. Also airing at the 9 o’clock hour were new episodes of The Bachelor (ABC – 3.4/8, 9.626 million), Two and a Half Men (CBS, 9:00 – 3.1/8, 11.212 million), The Cape (NBC – 1.5/4, 5.302 million), Gossip Girl (0.8/2, 1.504 million), and a rerun of Mike & Molly (CBS, 9:30 – 2.4/6, 9.129 million).

Source: TV by the Numbers

1. JoJo Meadows

Not as good as last week, but not bad AT ALL!

February 1, 2011 @ 11:48 am

2. Gracie

2nd highest of all time! and if it even comes back it’s going to be on hiatus for 8 months! We were finally gaining viewers and now its going to disappear! not fair! Fox doesn’t know what it’s missing! RENEW THE SHOW! SEASON 4 ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!

February 1, 2011 @ 11:54 am

3. Tweets that mention Ratings for Monday, 1/31/11 | Lie To Me Scoop | News, Spoilers, Photos, Promos, and More! -- Topsy.com Pingback

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Lie to Me Scoop, Lie to Me Scoop, Mary Macedo, Jacqueline Sullivan, Yuliana Velkova and others. Yuliana Velkova said: RT @LieToMeScoop: Ratings for Monday, 1/31/11 – http://bit.ly/eubMaD #LietoMe [...]

February 1, 2011 @ 12:31 pm

4. Ginny

This is good!! I know LTM needed to pull above a 2 in the ratings last night and it delivered! Since LTM is actually a FOX production, that gives FOX the incentive to keep it around. SO KEEP IT AROUND, PLEASE.

February 1, 2011 @ 1:00 pm

5. Teri J. Dluznieski

Ginny- how do we know it needed to deliver at least a 2.0 – and what does it indicate that it did? if not, was it a certain death?

I HOPE fox has more shows crash and burn- as LTM is *definitely* one of the better, more intelligent shows. It is currently 1 of 2 must-watch shows for me. The other being good wife ( like JM work) FF, Rubicon, and other unique shows just seem to bite the dust.

I think season 4 should be a whole story arc where lightman started working with project innocence or something. That could be such a huge social commentary and have powerful, compelling storylines.

In a worst case scenario- if this was its swan song. It went out well, with a lot of character and sophistication. realistic, honest, but hopeful. That last scene with Emily, re Gillian etc.. Hailey absolutely delivered ( as per always- her work has been stunning!)… but a small scene. but it undescored and changed the tone for the episode, and the storyline.

btw- does anyone else suspect that Cal and gillian have/ had hooked up in the past? I noticed there were a couple of periods when they would be on first-name basis. but when one of them was involved elsewhere, it went back to foster and ligthman ( her marriage, zoey, her undecover DEA guy, his copy-squeeze).. and there were a few times when it was left very ambiguous, re fade-outs and last comments ( gillian, drunk in his arms- i get better looking every day….? hhmmmm:)

anyway- just curious. I have really grown to love this show. my only less than ideal, was that this last season, cal was a little too slurry with words and hard to understand, came across as: is he drink? a few times, when I don’t think he was/ was supposed to be. This show has SO grown into itself and could just ROCK.. each actor and character has really matured into interesting, unique and genuinely crafted personalities where character can drive plot, rather than being contrived or ret-conned.

I SO hope fox… or some other network.. USA, characters welcome… and Lightman.. DEFINITELY qualifies as a character, rofl:))))

thoughts?

Teri

February 1, 2011 @ 3:04 pm

6. Ginny

Teri, I follow the “TV By the Numbers blog” and it does a great job of breaking down ratings and what it might mean for individual shows.

Personally, I am 100% invested in having a S4 of LTM because I haven’t watched any television regularly since the X-Files. If LTM doesn’t have an S4, well, my TV goes off again.

I’m with you: If this was the final show, which I’m so hoping it was not, it went out on a high note.

February 1, 2011 @ 3:14 pm

7. Teri J. Dluznieski

ginny- i hear you re the end of watchable shows. i absolutely addicted to rubicon ( check it out of you can, online? I can send some links). I also loved flash forward. also dead.

I wish I could win the lottery very big- I would create a second-life studio, to adopt shows that are GOOD, but didn’t do well on networks/ cable. okay- so I might also try to put something of my own up ( writer, author one of my hats:).

thanks for the info ginny- do you have any other relevant show info.. re.. what Fox’s plan is.. have they struck the sets ( sure and total death sentence) etc..?

tnx

Teri

February 1, 2011 @ 3:36 pm

8. Ginny

I wasn’t necessarily looking for a new show when I started watching Lie To Me; I just got completely caught up in the premise and the characters and story lines. If this is the end of Lie To Me WHICH AHEM, FOX, IT SHOULD NOT BE, I doubt I will find another show to fill the void.

And I don’t know anything other than what I Google and read online. I’m not an industry expert, but when something catches my fancy, I do my research.

February 1, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

9. Gregory Dolecki

Very odd because the HumanTarget lead in had the highest ratings ever.

February 1, 2011 @ 5:35 pm

10. Teri J. Dluznieski

FB group is in beginning stages of organising a campaign. I offered the outline for when I-we were working on ( and not dead yet) trying to save flash forward. so anyone interested in mailbombing FOX ( snail mail) email, tweeting the crap out of them… so they have no choice but to surrender:)

February 1, 2011 @ 6:28 pm

11. Jethro

The show is really changing

February 2, 2011 @ 12:09 am

12. Kat

I’ve been waiting for Monday’s results and as I see it LTM did well. It’s a shame Fox has such nicely done show and yet fails to market it, because that’s what it all really about. Obviously they want to keep it in their backpoket in case Chicago Code doesn’t take off (or Fringe doesn’t do well). I can only imagine how inconvinient it must be for the crew of LTM.
    Also how can you possibly expect a steady performance if you keep messing with the show swithcing episodes, re-scheduling it from Tuesday to Monday, from autumn to summer and so on? And now we’re on a break and who knows how long it’s going to last. For the record, every time the numbers go up LTM’s out of episodes.
    LTM is the only show I watch period and I don’t really feel like anything, so I guess my TV goes off too.

K.

February 2, 2011 @ 2:27 am

13. jannii

Those ratings don’t even tell the whole story… There are so many people watching the show who are not in the numbers above (Hulu, the fans not living in the US…).
    I hope the LTM-team enjoys their vacation till May and that they don’t take other jobs which will prevent them from working on a possible 4th season… (although I really could understand that – given the long time till the decision will be made…)
    About the episode order – does anyone know the order the eps where supposed to air (season 2 & season 3)? I rewatched season 1 in the order planned by the showrunner and it all made more sense.

February 2, 2011 @ 3:47 am

14. AAiken

I agree. The show has many international fans. I know some of my Aussie friends love the show. I was introduced to the show by my brother, who watched the show in Australia. The two people I communicate to often on Twitter who are huge fans of the show are from Portugal and UK so it’s not the whole picture. Unfortunately, TV ratings are calculated only by that means because all other means are quite unreliable and difficult to measure. :)

I think in S3, Veronica was supposed to be E4 (before Canary’s Song E5) but it became E7 instead.

I think Fox is getting a heck of alot of tweets from the LTM fans. :P I’ve seen them! *chuckles*

February 2, 2011 @ 4:41 am

15. Amri

Hey…I am a hardcore LTM fan from India…They telecast seasons 1 and 2 continuously on a local channel, and since then, i was hooked!

I watched all the season 3 episodes online- the day after which it is originally aired.

How can FOX account for ratings like these?

February 2, 2011 @ 11:40 am

16. Kristen

I’m thrilled with the ratings, especially without that ‘House’ lead-in. 7+ million viewers is great! And the second highest rated ep this season? TAKE NOTICE, FOX.

February 2, 2011 @ 11:27 pm

17. fv

Er how amazing would it be be if Callian had hooked up in the past!!!! I have wondered about it before & it would explain a couple of things eg sometimes there’s a slight ‘awkwardness’ between them. I hope they write that in – it’d spice it up plus what an awesome flashback ep!!!

February 3, 2011 @ 7:15 pm